The Magento Enterprise Edition is the way to accelerate the development for e-commerce businesses. Its features are defined in such a way that anyone can take advantage of a complete custom solution, maximize sales, and achieve development.
Magento Enterprise Edition shares the same basis as the Magento Community Edition. However, as Magento is growing rapidly after adoption, there are merchants who may need this more than the community. Some require advanced features and deep adaptation, some require large functionality changes, and others require high-level assistance through a service standard agreement.
Magento Enterprise Edition (EE) version 2.0 launched in 2016. Deciding to go with this platform is the biggest question of eCommerce owners.
Magento Enterprise Vs Magento Community: The Differences
The Cost:- Magento Enterprise Edition is paid (pay to use advanced features), while the Magento Community is available for free. Not to mention that you will spend more on the implementation.
Higher cost comes with additional functionality that can be understood for your business based on your business.
Performance:- The community version is fast. However, businesses that require more modules may need to purchase Enterprise Edition. Some features can be added to the free version using extensions. Although this is true, it is not recommended. Performance is better along with paid version.
Functionality:- Magento Enterprise and Magento Community both have the same root but, the paid version provides more advanced features. Paid version includes features like advanced segmentation with targeted offerings, return management authorization, minimum advertised price, an Enhanced Catalog and Content Management System, price and promotion permission, call center software with assisted shopping and staged merging and rollback of content.
Security:- Magento Community Edition does not have credit card tokenization or advanced secured bridges for payments. This can be a problem as these facilities are required by banks and credit card companies.
“Not PCI Compliant” is the biggest problem with the free edition but the Magento Enterprise provides you Powerful Security Feature( PA-DSS).
I have seen that the biggest scary strategy is that the community is “Not PCI Compliant”. This is a long windy topic, and it can be very complicated. If you will follow the below procedure, then it will be good for you.
- Fill out your PCI paperwork
- Implementing PCI policies
- Documenting your PCI technical policies
- Using a payment gateway that will redirect you to PayPal or some other HTTPS to communicate with an API.
Once you start doing 20,000 transactions per year or more than that, there will be more paperwork for you – but this should not frighten you. Your provider will be glad to work with you not only in the completion of the documentation but answer any queries you may have.
Magento Enterprise: All Features ( All Community + )
- Advanced ACL
- Content staging and merging
- Private sales, events, and invitations
- Customer segmentation
- Loyalty system
- Automated email marketing reminders
- Assisted shopping
- Full page caching
- Recurring payments
- Customer attributes
- SOLR search
- RMA functionality
- Persistent shopping cart
- Minimum advertised price
Everything in community edition +
- Version control
- Content hierarchy
- Publication restrictions
Magento Enterprise: Our Services Includes
- Custom Magento enterprise development.
- Magento enterprise theme development.
- Maintenance & Support.
- Magento Enterprise Setup & configuration.
- Magento enterprise edition template development & its customization.
- Enterprise module & plug-ins development.
- Upgrade Magento enterprise edition.
Magento Enterprise: Advantages
- Develop website stores which perfect shopping experience.
- Perform Upsell and Cross-sell.
- Create different price points for wholesalers and the retailers.
- Support available for mobile devices of the available operating system.
- Responsive and customizable design themes.
- Manage multiple sites.
- High performance and feature rich website.
Which one to choose?
The free edition is the most practical choice. While Magento EE has some superb additionally functionality, if you are not using it then it may not be worth it.
However, if businesses are planning to operate at the next level, they must invest in premium platforms such as Magento Enterprise Edition.
Choosing this software can provide the necessary features to enhance the business. It is important to keep in mind the business needs and future plans.
For some sites, an Enterprise is understandable. There is a marketing team, internal or external which will help plan planning for marketing suits. They can have a team to analyze the usage and to maintain these facilities consistently. If not, start with the community.
The Magento community is a free open source solution, which means that there is not a great need for your store or brand in terms of sales volume. However, if you are dealing with 6-digit revenue (such as millions of dollars in revenues per year), then the use of Magento Enterprise is highly recommended, which is mostly based on the “box-out” functionality in the community. Can not be enjoyed.
Here are some average Magento project numbers for each version just to make things clear for you.
- Unique visitors/month > 50,000
- Orders/month > 500
- Turnover > 1,000,000 euro
- Shop management FTE > 5.0
- Implementation time 14-16 weeks
- Implementation cost > 50,000 euro
- Hosting costs 600 – 2,000 euro
- License cost – $14,420
- Unique visitors/month > 1,000
- Orders/month > 100
- Turnover > 100,000 euro
- Shop management FTE 0.5 – 2.0
- Implementation time 6-8 weeks
- Implementation cost 10,000 – 60,000 euro
- Hosting costs 150 – 300 euro
- License cost – 0